SafeHouse version 3 was released a few days ago. This is a major upgrade from our previous 2.10 product which includes dozens of new features and enhancements. I'll be spending a lot of time over the coming weeks blogging about some of the most exciting features.
Below is a basic list of the new features. If you're already running an earlier version of SafeHouse, you can find upgrade information here.
Personal and Professional Editions
- Full support for Windows Vista
- Smartcard support everywhere
- Virtual smartcards using USB memory sticks
- Increased compatibility with Windows & other applications
- Password strength meter
- Updated dialogs and user interfaces
- Automatic shadow copies of critical volume information
- Auto-detect file corruption to volume files
- Trial version no longer limits size of volumes
Professional Edition Only
- Password dictionary warns about weak passwords
- Run scripts on open/close volumes
- Web-based administration
- Remote password resets
- Administrative groups
- Greatly-enhanced Branding wizard
- Greatly-enhanced Deployment wizard
- No encryption strength limits for branding
- Password resets using smartcards
- ActiveX programming component
Beta Software Reminder
If you're runnng the beta version of this release, please know that it will time out on January 15th and you'll need to download new software to continue to access your private files. The upgrade from SafeHouse v2.10 to v3.00 is free.
SafeHouse v3 can use your existing v2.10 software activation key. If you don't remember your key, we can look it up for you.